Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Daniel, new Zorki owner  (Read 1942 times)
Daniel C Manicad
Baby Brownie

« on: November 11, 2013, 12:09 PM »

Hi RFF,

I am Daniel Manicad.  I have been using digital cameras since 2009.  But I just recently became very interested in film photography, more specifically using rangefinder cameras.  I decided to get a 50-year old Zorki 6 with Jupiter 8 f/2 50mm lens from the Soviet Camera Store in FB.  Seems to be a good local store of CLA'd FSU rangefinders.  

I just finished my first roll and the experience is indeed what I expected - patience in shooting, more focus in composition, dedication in learning the Sunny 16 rule, frustration in realizing incorrect exposure settings or blurred subjects, and of course the great film look of a properly-exposed, correctly-focused good photo.    

I hope to learn more from RFF and it's members, but I also hope I don't get addicted too much  Grin
Digoy Isleta
Full Manual Focusing

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 01:05 PM »

welcome to the forum! good to hear that you enjoyed your first adventure with an FSU RF camera.

you will learn a lot from this site and believe me, regarding addiction, that will not be the last gear you'd be buying hahaha!

enjoy the trip!

I hope to learn more from RFF and it's members, but I also hope I don't get addicted too much  Grin

<insert profound quote here>
roy alfert carasig
Fotosnaiper!

Ни шагу назад!

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 11:48 PM »

Nice choice for a starter rangefinder paired with a sulit at walang tapon na lente. (J-8 )

Now you will notice the big difference between shooting digital and film. With film, you concentrate more on quality. you stop and think of composition, exposure etc., rather than shooting in burst.

Try scale focusing, hyperfocal distances etc., its fun.

Daniel C Manicad
Baby Brownie

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 03:05 PM »

Nice choice for a starter rangefinder paired with a sulit at walang tapon na lente. (J-8 )

Now you will notice the big difference between shooting digital and film. With film, you concentrate more on quality. you stop and think of composition, exposure etc., rather than shooting in burst.

Try scale focusing, hyperfocal distances etc., its fun.

Will certainly try those other fun stuff on shooting film.  Most def it is going to be a great learning experience.

welcome to the forum! good to hear that you enjoyed your first adventure with an FSU RF camera.

you will learn a lot from this site and believe me, regarding addiction, that will not be the last gear you'd be buying hahaha!

enjoy the trip!

That's what I am most afraid of! Cheesy
Eugene Lim
HyperFocal

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 05:57 PM »

May mga photowalks din once in a while. Check mo lang kung LF or RF yung sasamahan mo. Meron ding photowalk ng mga malalanding camera. Try mo din sumama. Smiley

Ako'y maraming tanong at baguhan sa pag gamit ng RF.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: