Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hi, guys! :)  (Read 2509 times)
MajarhouGonzales
Baby Brownie

« on: November 18, 2014, 12:50 PM »

I just started learning film. I have bought a Pentax KX, but I'm looking forward to get a rangefinder in the future, but it has a faulty meter so I need to master the sunny 16 rule. I had my first roll of film developed and scanned but only 13 shots out of 36 were developed Sad.

Under/Overexposed ba kapag ganon?

Basically, I use the sunny 16 rule, and set my shutter speed to the reciprocal of my iso. If I want to use a certain aperture, I also change my shutter speed accordingly. About the iso, I only follow the iso rating on the film.  Any tips to improve my exposures? Tongue

Thank you! Cheesy
roy alfert carasig
Fotosnaiper!

Ни шагу назад!

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 12:41 AM »

Welcome

First off, rules here state that you put your real name as your user name here. not being a troll though, we want to get to know you better that way rather than your pen name or nick name.

as for your film being under or over exposed, best thing is to show it to us or show the scanned pictures here so that we can see if it is under or over.. but Film is a forgiving medium. any deviation doesnt result in a "white out" compared to digital Tongue

basically use the sunny 16. never fails. or try the F8 rule.... hehehe

Enjoy!

MajarhouGonzales
Baby Brownie

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 08:54 PM »

Hey, thanks! I appreciate the response as I was beginning to think that no one will Cry

Can't seem to edit my displayed name here Modify Profile>Account Related Settings.. I'm Majarhou Gonzales btw Grin

Where's the right place to post my pics for critique and tips? Actually I already had my second roll of film processed, soon to be scanned, and more or less 15 out of 36 were developed. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.. It's a bit discouraging to be honest.. haha And I still don't know if they're well exposed as I haven't had them scanned yet.
roy alfert carasig
Fotosnaiper!

Ни шагу назад!

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 08:49 AM »

Hmm.critiques? People dont really make critiques nowadays ever since the meltdown of an FB Group of which i was a member before  :Smiley :Smiley :Smiley Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Cry Cry Cry Cry

However, you can post at the RFilipinas Members Websites/Online Galleries and Critique Section and say "please critique" but honestly the best way is to seek Jay Javier personally at Fotofabrik. He's our Guru. Wink

Anyways, best way to learn is to read also. How they compose shots. Learn composition, balance, rule of thirds, golden mean and all that s*it..

Martin L. O. Valencia
HyperFocal

peace and love and happiness

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 04:36 PM »

Hmm.critiques? People dont really make critiques nowadays ever since the meltdown of an FB Group of which i was a member before  :Smiley :Smiley :Smiley Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Cry Cry Cry Cry

However, you can post at the RFilipinas Members Websites/Online Galleries and Critique Section and say "please critique" but honestly the best way is to seek Jay Javier personally at Fotofabrik. He's our Guru. Wink

Anyways, best way to learn is to read also. How they compose shots. Learn composition, balance, rule of thirds, golden mean and all that s*it..

That FB group sucked.

To the OP, welcome to RF. I hope you stay and learn from the masters like Roy.

peace and love and happiness

shootodog
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: